- To provide opportunity. knowledge, qualifications and success
- To enable the hard-to-reach people we serve to achieve qualifications and acquire skills
- Meeting the training needs of the community in a culturally sensitive environment
- Ensuring members of the community do not have to go to mainstream providers in order to gain qualifications
- Promoting employability and building confidence and self-esteem
- Provide Building confidence through skills and training
- Passionate about your success
- Providing opportunity through training
- Training with a heart in the best possible manner for the Community
- Meeting diverse needs, whatever they might be
- Promoting employability in the Community
Olga Education & Training Project (OETP) is a not-for-profit organisation aimed at improving services for socially excluded and disadvantaged people, groups and individuals in and around East London. OETP started in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets in 1999 and provided study support in SATs (Key stage 2-3), GCSE & A-level in Science, Maths and ICT at both Olga Primary School, and Queen Mary University. Operating on a voluntary basis, our teachers succeeded in raising the educational achievements and self-esteem of young people living around the socially disadvantaged areas of Tower Hamlets. In this endeavour the raising of educational awareness among Bangladeshi, Somalian and other Asian parents and children was our paramount objective.
We offer an excellent learning environment that is accessible to all. In this way we help advance our community by developing amongst our beneficiaries’ skills, capacities and capabilities which will help them participate fully in society as independent, mature and responsible individuals. We will achieve this by providing them with a high quality of education, training and advice. Since 2015 we have been providing a wide range of programmes to 19+ adults. Our teaching and administration staff have many years of experience in organizing and delivering training, qualifications and jobs.
Our course help individuals to develop new skills, update existing skills and provide an opportunity to meet other learners with similar interests. We are dedicated to providing our clients with cutting edge professional training aimed at enhancing your job skills and career prospects. We offer all our clients a personalised, teaching and learning experience of the highest quality. We ensure that this experience is passed on to our customers in the form of well-structured clearly delivered course materials and classroom practices, coupled with excellent support facilities and on-going feedback sessions. We are confident that your choice of OETP will prove enjoyable and rewarding, opening pathways to better employment prospects.
Our training programs are designed to assist our clients to integrate and prepare them for work and citizenship. These programs will raise people’s confidence and create favourable conditions for them to move over into vocational training and education as well as preparing them for employment. We set excellent training standards that are simultaneously robust, efficient and cost effective.
We’re committed to giving all our students the best possible learning experience we can, whatever their individual needs. We aim to help people learn and achieve in a friendly and supportive environment. We are committed to ensuring everyone feels welcome, valued an respected on our courses. We are a diverse community and celebrate this. We aim to promote British Values, Prevent, Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding in all we do. Inappropriate behaviour contrary to this will be challenged.
Our commitment to you-
- We will do everything we can to make sure that you enjoy your programme and that you succeed
- Always treat you equally and with respect
- Give you good advice to find the right course
- Give you good teaching
- Give you good classrooms and places to study and relax
- Make sure you have a tutor who looks after you
- Tell you how to complain if you think you are not being treated right
- Help you to find more study or work after your course is finished
- We will respond to your suggestions or complaints quickly and fairly.
Learners are expected to:
- Switch off mobiles in class
- Do not interrupt when others are speaking
- Treat each other respectfully
- Be willing to work with everybody
- Keep the room tidy
- Make sure you understand and follow our rules and policies, including our Equality Policy.
- Make sure you understand and follow our health and safety rules and procedures.
- Always act with care, both for yourself and for other people.
- Maintain 100% attendance, making any routine appointments outside timetable sessions
- Work to the best of your ability, meet deadlines for assessments and not cheat or deliberately copy another person’s work
- Support our efforts to keep the centre clean and tidy.
- Use the computers, internet and email responsibly. Don’t tamper with software or equipment. Don’t download or forward any abusive material which may offend other people.
- Follow the no smoking, food or drink signs in certain areas.
- If you do not follow these rules, or are disruptive or abusive, we will take reasonable action. This can include you being barred from the course or, in more serious cases, further measures being taken.
- Pay all fees owed as within the OETP Fees Policy where appropriate
- Behave in a way that recognises and respects British Values.
- Avoid any language or behaviour that others may find unkind, discriminatory or offensive.
- Behave in a way that does not put yourself or others in danger and follow our Health and Safety, Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding and Prevent regulations.
- We will make our information clear for you.
- We will tell you about fees and costs.
- You will give us the information we need for our forms.
- You have the right to request what information we have about you.
- You have the right to ask what your information is used for.
- You can ask any member of staff if you need information or help.
- If you need a copy of any information in another format, such as large print or Braille, please ask us.
At the end of the course, we will:
- You’ll be able to provide feedback on your learning experience which we’ll use to help improve future courses.
- Evaluate your learning experience with us
- Ask your next step your career development
- Offer you support if it is within our delivery area
- Sign post you to the right direction by providing advice and guidance on careers, job search OR progression to a higher-level course whatever necessary for you to realise your potentials
lf you are a learner with learning difficulties or disabilities we will provide:
- On request, course details and other learning resources in an adapted format that suits your need
- An appointment for a specialist assessment of your individual learning needs and feedback from this assessment
- Any reasonable adaptation to support in teaching and learning, equipment and materials we provide within our budgets allowance
- Course assessments in adapted formats as appropriate
- Make exam arrangements, if notified, in line with awarding body requirements