Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG)
What we offer:
FREE impartial information, advice and guidance (IAG) services tailored to your needs in order to help you to:
- Identify realistic but ambitious career and learning options that suit you
- make better, positive decisions and be clear about your next steps
- make sure you have a well-informed plan about your future career, job, education and/or training
- build up your confidence and motivation about your future
- increase your chance of getting a job
- Our careers advisers are qualified, experienced and independent and will answer your questions impartially about jobs and careers, and help you understand careers information. They will point out the options available to you and the next steps you need to take to reach your goals. You can ‘drop-in’ to see an adviser or take part in a group session offered at our centres.
Our IAG support help our clients to make informed decisions about learning and work, based on the client’s needs and circumstances and gives the clients the required support to make informed decisions about the jobs, courses and qualification. We have qualified career advisor who have the skills and knowledge to identify and address the clients and learners needs.
We also offer:
- Individual action plans agreed with an adviser.
- Our adviser will be on hand to help you throughout the 12 weeks. At the end of the 12 weeks your time with the adviser will be up, but you’ll still have access to your plan and all its resources online.
- Workshops on CV writing, covering letters and application-form filling
- Support with internet job search and registering with agencies
- Referral to other organisations where appropriate
- Computers available on a drop-in basis 4pm-5pm Tuesdays & Wednesday
- Interview technique practice
- Links with local employers